Opportunities to share the gospel with others are on our doorstep. We often see missionaries as people who go far away to share the gospel and forget that the first place Jesus called his disciples to serve was right out their back door. We have many different opportunities to serve with ministries in our local community.
We serve with and pray for local ministries:
- First Priority is a worldwide ministry with the strategy of raising leaders to reach the next generation with the hope of Christ. In schools, it is implemented through student led gatherings and in cultures where young people do not attend school, youth led gatherings are held in various community locations.
- Grace House Ministries exists to provide stable Christian homes for girls from crisis backgrounds with the commitment to developing mature, godly women.
- Hoover Helps Backpack Ministries focuses on helping create weekend backpack feeding programs for children who are food insecure at elementary schools in the Hoover area.
- Hope Health Center is a non-profit clinic serving the community of Fairfield. Their mission is to share the hope that is found in Jesus Christ by providing whole-person healthcare.
- Sav-A-Life is a comprehensive pregnancy care ministry that is dedicated to offering free and confidential services in a loving environment to women, men, and families facing unplanned pregnancies.
We encourage you to visit each of the above ministries’ websites and see how you can be involved.
In addition, we also recommend you contact the following organizations if you would like to be involved in other ministry ways: